The Misfortune Teller was an animatronic sold by Spirit Halloween for the 2013 Halloween season. The animatronic resembled a fortune teller in an almost 6-foot booth that, when activated, moved her mouth to several phrases and spun her head to reveal her second ghoulish face. After this occurred, the second face spoke more threatening words before the head turned again. The booth contained short messages while the front of her booth featured the animatronic's slogan. The booth also had some symbols and a red button that would activate the animatronic when pressed.
Spirit Halloween's Description
"Beware of what you wish for when you decorate your haunted carnival scene with this Misfortune Teller Animated Decoration. The two faced gypsy speaks creepy sayings and fortunes to those who ask for her expertise!"
- Misfortune Teller Animated Decoration includes:
- Plastic Components
- Animation Button
- Motion sensor will activate greeting to prompt pressing button for a misfortune
- Speaks three different misfortune sayings
- Height - 70"
- Length - 24"
- Width - 17.5"
- Weight - 10.6 lbs
- For Indoor Use
- The eye symbolism and the quote "all seeing all knowing" is a reference to the All-Seeing Eye and Hamsa. The eye was reformed into an angry, grinning eye in order to fit the theme of the misfortune booth.
- The animatronic's name appears to be "Madame Morbida," likely a play on words of Madame Morbid.
- The booth contained many cryptic short messages while the front of the booth featured the animatronic's slogan. The booth also had some symbols which included moons, stars, and an eye.
- The booth's red button would activate the animatronic's animation when pressed.